ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Suggestion for Javac
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 06:42:23 GMT

 EL> I propose a change where, instead of defaulting debug, optimize
 EL> and deprecation to false, they instead obtain their initial
 EL> values from optional properties named build.compiler.debug,
 EL> build.compiler.optimize, and build.compiler.deprecation,

There has been active discussion about the new direction of Ant two
weeks ago. One thing that has been widely agreed on was that
properties and especially "magic" properties should be limited if not
removed at all.

Sam Ruby suggested to add styles for things like this. This way you
specify defaults for all javac-tasks in a style sheet and add a
different set of options for a single javac task with a given ID
attribute ...

I think, Sam's approach is more general than yours and applies to
other tasks as well.

Stefan