ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Task functionality next version Ant
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 08:27:46 GMT

 KA> Now we are talking about task functionality here, how about
 KA> defining some for the next version Ant.

I agree with all of what you've written and just want to add that move
would probably need a "forceoverwrite" attribute, too.

The optional RenameExtensions tasks lokks a little bit as if it
belonged into the move category. I'm not sure.

IIRC Thomas Haas has written a task that consolidates text
manipulation taks (FixCRLF, KeySubst, Replace).

Expand and Zip could be put together into a single task.

Other task cleanups?

Stefan