ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Beginner questions for setting up build environment
Date Tue, 16 May 2000 06:48:11 GMT
Hi Tom,

>>>>> "tg" == tom goodman <tom_goodman@bigfoot.com> writes:

 tg> 1) I've have the java files in a hierarchy and want to compile
 tg> the entire tree into a single jar file containing .class files.
 tg> Is there a simple way to do that?

Sure, look at Ant's own build.xml which does exactly what you want for
Ant itself.

 tg> 2) The files need to compile in the right order to satisfy the
 tg> include dependencies in the .java files.

All files are compiled at the same time which is guaranteed to be the
right order 8^).

 tg> I know this must be simple stuff written up in a doc somewhere
 tg> but I can't find it.

See docs/index.html in Ant's CVS repository and take a look at
spec/core.html to get a feeling for things to come.

HTH

        Stefan