ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Consolidated delete task (Re: make clean equivalent)
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 07:00:38 GMT

 >> Do we need a purge attribute to delete empty dirs - I'm not
 >> decided on this?
 >>

 JS> I don't understand, the delete dir="blah" would remove it whether
 JS> it is empty or not, right?

Uhm yes, maybe.

If you use include/exclude patterns some files might be left over so
some directories are empty and others are not. Consider

<delete dir="build/classes">
    <include name="**/*.class" />
</delete>

on Ant's own build directory. This will delete everything in
build/classes/org/apache/tools/tar but in
build/classes/org/apache/tools/ant the file defaultManifest.mf is
left.

The purge attribute is thought to control whether the tar dir is to be
deleted or not.

Stefan