ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Call for patches
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 13:08:35 GMT

 RB> I wanted Ant to be able to deal with multiple "if"s in the
 RB> <target> block,

I'm not convinced this is a good idea. If you open the box with this
ANDing of properties, others will need ORing and even more fancy
operations.

Then, your patch is going to collide with the announced patch to add
an "unless" attribute to target by Brill Pappin.

What would be the meaning of unless="prop1, prop2"? prop1 doesn't
exist OR prop2 doesn't exist (which would be the exact opposite of
your if) or neither prop1 nor prop2 exist?

I see the need to change something with regard to the conditional
execution stuff but don't think adding boolean operations is the right
direction - although I cannot offer something better at the moment.

Stefan