ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mariusz Nowostawski <mari...@marni.otago.ac.nz>
Subject Re: Task functionality next version Ant
Date Sun, 07 May 2000 22:44:32 GMT
I agree with:
Copydir/Copyfile --> Copy, Deltree/Delete --> Delete, Rename --> Move

I vote for extending current exec to be inclde/exclude aware (as proposed
in the patch before)

I would like to see a place as repository for all "optional" (?) tasks
somewhere in the distro (I thought before taskdef/optional is a place for
it).

And... I agree with all the stuff below
(hey, do I suppose to post it to the list? ;o)
> > Agreed. I was focussing on the next version of Ant, which need
> > not necessarily be 100% backwards compatible (we don't want to
> > carry history on for ages;-)
[...]
> If people want backward compatibility, they should use old version.
> Furthermore, this is not a big job to update build files.

cheers
Mariusz