ant-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Bateman <d...@middleware-company.com>
Subject RE: JavaDoc Troubles
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 20:52:12 GMT
> First, when used with the ".*", sourcepath is interpreted as a single folder
> expected to contain all packages.
> It looks like you have two separate source paths for your packages ...
> looking at the source for the JavaDoc task, it looks like it will work for
> you ONLY if you explicitly list all the package names (don't use the .* at
> the end).

Ah, that would explain a few things.  I'd be willing to devote a little
time to fixing this as it seams simple enough.  But first I've got to go
read all the FAQ's on how to contribute.

In the meantime, I'll just use <copydir> to merge them into one directory,
and then javadoc that.  That should get the public release of the port of
Java Petstore to Weblogic out the door.

> Second, the separator for packagenames is a comma.

Sure enough, I just tried the comma and it works.  So this means the the
ANT documentation needs to be updated to reflect this.  Currently the
documentation says packagenames should be a:
   "Space separated list of package files (with terminating wildcard)"
That's at least what it says as of the April 18, 2000 release build.

Thanks for your help,
Doug

--
In this world of change, nothing which comes stays,
and nothing which goes is lost.

                                    Anne Swetchine (1782-1857)