ant-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Bateman <>
Subject RE: JavaDoc Troubles
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 20:52:12 GMT
> First, when used with the ".*", sourcepath is interpreted as a single folder
> expected to contain all packages.
> It looks like you have two separate source paths for your packages ...
> looking at the source for the JavaDoc task, it looks like it will work for
> you ONLY if you explicitly list all the package names (don't use the .* at
> the end).

Ah, that would explain a few things.  I'd be willing to devote a little
time to fixing this as it seams simple enough.  But first I've got to go
read all the FAQ's on how to contribute.

In the meantime, I'll just use <copydir> to merge them into one directory,
and then javadoc that.  That should get the public release of the port of
Java Petstore to Weblogic out the door.

> Second, the separator for packagenames is a comma.

Sure enough, I just tried the comma and it works.  So this means the the
ANT documentation needs to be updated to reflect this.  Currently the
documentation says packagenames should be a:
   "Space separated list of package files (with terminating wildcard)"
That's at least what it says as of the April 18, 2000 release build.

Thanks for your help,

In this world of change, nothing which comes stays,
and nothing which goes is lost.

                                    Anne Swetchine (1782-1857)

View raw message