ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Cook <tc...@ardec.com.au>
Subject RE: Generic tasks for idl2java, javac ... (was Re: A question about "available" ...)
Date Fri, 19 May 2000 00:01:14 GMT
This is a significant improvement on the method I just proposed...

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Vitaly Stulsky wrote:

[snip]
> I see this approach like abstract idlToJava task which has to be extended by
> specific implementation. It has basic common options and parameters:
> - source idl file
> - destination directory
> - turn on/off the generation POA stubs and skeletons
> - define the symbol
> - include path
> - turn on/off warning
> - verbose mode switch
> - version
> and, of course, virtual launching facility:
> - execute
>
> If specific ORB doesn't support some of this switches - simply ignore them.
> If developer will decide to make his IDL compilation vendor independent he or
> she
> will has to use only standard options.
>
> All realizations has to extend abstract idlToJava. In every realization can be
> realized
> its specific options. But if we use non-standard option by one idl compiler
> option
> and then try to switch compilers we have no guaranties to compile it without
> build errors (this is the price - build parsing error which indicate unsupported
> by ORB
> or incorrect option).
>
> Selected idl compiler is recognized from java 'build.compiler.idl' option.
[snip]

--
Tom Cook - Software Engineer

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts functioning the moment you get
up in the morning, and does not stop until you get into the office."
	- Robert Frost

LISAcorp - www.lisa.com.au

38 Greenhill Rd.          Level 3, 228 Pitt Street
Wayville, SA, 5034        Sydney, NSW, 2000

Phone:   +61 8 8272 1555  Phone:   +61 2 9283 0877
Fax:     +61 8 8271 1199  Fax:     +61 2 9283 0866