ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Cook <tc...@ardec.com.au>
Subject Re: Patch: JAVAC dependency tracking and multiple src paths handling
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 00:59:38 GMT
On Wed, 10 May 2000, Vitaly Stulsky wrote:

[snip]
> 2) With applied patch it is possible to use such src dirs:
> 		<property   name="src.dir"
> 					value= "com/company/progr/mainprogr;
> 							com/company/utils/protocol;
> 							com/company/utils/db;
> 							com/company/utils/diag;
> 							com/company/utils/html;
> 							com/company/utils/sort;
> 							com/company/utils/string;
> 							com/company/utils/thread;
> 							com/company/utils/test;
> 							com/company/utils/timer
> 		/>
>    All paths must be separated by semicolon ( I estimate Unix users indignation,
> but now current
>    approach easily extended to usage semicolon on NT platform and colon on
> Unix).

There is a very standard mechanism in Java for discovering the path
separator:

package java.io;
public class File
{
	public static String pathSeparator;
	public static char pathSeparatorChar;
}

This is hardly a hard interface to use, instead of hard-coding...

--
Tom Cook - Software Engineer

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts functioning the moment you get
up in the morning, and does not stop until you get into the office."
	- Robert Frost

LISAcorp - www.lisa.com.au

38 Greenhill Rd.          Level 3, 228 Pitt Street
Wayville, SA, 5034        Sydney, NSW, 2000

Phone:   +61 8 8272 1555  Phone:   +61 2 9283 0877
Fax:     +61 8 8271 1199  Fax:     +61 2 9283 0866