ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaly Stulsky" <vitaly_stul...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Generic tasks for idl2java, javac ... (was Re: A question about "available" ...)
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 13:49:34 GMT

> The way tasks are handeled right now - and are expected to be handeled
> in the future - would not allow abstract task classes. The static
> factory method you propose doesn't fit into the way Ant works either.

I kept in mind where writing this that this approach doesn't completely
fit to the current model. We can split this approach to the following
points:
1) Behavior
2) Realization

I think that proposed behavior better than current. Also this approach fits
good for the tasks with multiple possible realizations.

And task realization. It can be selected after behavior approval. I tried
to avoid myself from bicycle reinventing and proposed the way like
ORB class works.
Yes, I do not want to argue about current taskdef realization. I found
it very original and well thought-out. But for idlToJava-like taskdefs may
be better to review the initial behavior and approaches?

> I do agree your approach seems to be the most flexible one but would
> need some changes to the Ant core.
Thank you.

Vitaly