ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaly Stulsky" <vitaly_stul...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Generic tasks for idl2java, javac ... (was Re: A question about "available" ...)
Date Sat, 20 May 2000 12:59:18 GMT

> We could use a delegation model instead. The IdlToJava task constructor
> will
> just inspect the corresponding build.compiler.idl property and create
> a corresponding subclass of itself. then it will delegate to it all entry
> point invocations.
> Probably the delegation needs to be designed a little more, but it should
> work.

And what do you think about introspection? All taskdef options mapped to
java class via introspection mechanism. We need to introspect values not
in created class, but in class created in it's constructor. This model
doesn't fit current implementation.

Alternative way will be specifying factory classes in defaults.properties
instead
of direct taskdef classes. This approach can give us flexibility to extend the
taskdef family (taskdefs which shares one name) with new implementations.

Vitaly