ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Platform independend classpath in build.xml?
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 00:08:10 GMT

My build files often do not have a single classpath. As an example, I
currently have

build.classpath			- compiling standard files
descriptorbuild.classpath	- for building weblogic deployment descriptors
testbuild.classpath		- for building JUnit test harness
weblogic.classpath		- for running weblogic.

None of these classpaths include the classes which are typically in the
classpath that is used to run ant.

I am a little wary of an approach which makes the classpath a sort of
singleton concept. The management of the CLASSPATH environment variable in
the shell is often a major pain for the same reason.

I do like the <entry> concept for building up classpaths though.

Conor