ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Help building today's release of ant...
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 02:00:52 GMT
Hunter,

> Erik,
>
> Thank you for the help. Ant builds now! :>
>
> I haven't seen much traffic on docs@jakarta.java.org.
>
> What is the best way to get something like this added to the
> ant documentation?

You can submit a patch to the documentation HTML file that exists in the
docs subdirectory of ant. Sooner or later it would then be integrated into
ant.

> I looked on Sun's Products and APIs web page,
>     http://java.sun.com/products/
> and I saw no mention of this XML package.
>
> How would I have found this if you hadn't been kind enough to point
> the way?

That's what this mailing list is for :-).

Ant is a work-in-progress and as such there will, at times, be features
which are not yet documented. The reliance on JAXP is currently one of those
features. (There are others).

Cheers
Conor