ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Tasks for ejbc compile of weblogic EJBs
Date Sun, 07 May 2000 23:07:54 GMT

> Just in time - I was about to write my own tasks for this.
>
> These classes will not compile with the current public version of Ant,
> however.
> The method "validateDirectory" is not found, and method "setProject" is
> available
> in Task, but is package-scope only.  I also notice that your usage
> examples show
> a different syntax for includes than is supported by the public version.
>
> What am I missing here?  Should I be using a development version of Ant
> instead?

Robert,

I included a file (diffs.txt) which has some diffs to the core ant classes
which I added to support these tasks. To build these tasks you will need to
apply these diffs. If you read the last paragraph of my original email, you
will see why I made these changes. I am hoping one of the committers will
apply them.

The include support is provided by the MatchingTask superclass. The includes
can be defined in two ways, either as an includes attribute or by nested
<include> elements. Is that what you mean by a different syntax?

Good Luck, let me know if you can't get them going.

Conor