ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Sando" <jsa...@think1up.com>
Subject RE: Task functionality next version Ant
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 17:34:32 GMT
How about using "src" and "dest" for all of them instead of "srcfile" v.s.
"srcdir":

  <copy src="file" dest="file" />
  <delete src="file" />
  <move src="file" dest="file" />

and let the code detect whether "file" is a directory or a regular file and
act accordingly?  If "includes" and/or "excludes" are specified, then both
"src" and "dest" must be directories.  If there are no "includes" and/or
"exlcudes", and "src" is a directory then "dest" must be a directory.  If
"src" is a regular file, "dest" can be either a regular file (existing or
not) or a directory.

+1 on Copydir/Copyfile --> Copy, Deltree/Delete --> Delete, Rename --> Move

The new Delete can be backwards compatible if the "file" attribute is set.

-j