ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuiper, Arnout" <Arnout.Kui...@nl.origin-it.com>
Subject RE: Task functionality next version Ant
Date Sun, 14 May 2000 12:36:55 GMT
Oops, trigger fingers.

Agreed.

> > The optional RenameExtensions tasks lokks a little bit as if it
> > belonged into the move category. I'm not sure.

Could be, but it is a bit tricky.
What "RenameExtensions" does, fits in the category of renaming
a file with "Move". If we want to include the "RenameExtensions"
functionality in "Move", than I propose to make it more general,
and allow to change filenames (pathnames?) with the use of some
regexp. Such that you can rename for instance all ".java" files
to ".java.orig".

This is a nice add-on, but I think we should stick to the simple
"Move" version first, before adding the more complex regexp stuff.

> > IIRC Thomas Haas has written a task that consolidates text
> > manipulation taks (FixCRLF, KeySubst, Replace).

Agreed.

> > Expand and Zip could be put together into a single task.

Personally I would keep these separated (and rename expand to
unzip). The same holds for jar and unjar and gzip and gunzip.

  -Arnout