ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kuiper, Arnout" <Arnout.Kui...@nl.origin-it.com>
Subject RE: Task functionality next version Ant
Date Fri, 05 May 2000 19:27:29 GMT
> From: Jason Sando [mailto:jsando@think1up.com]
>
> How about using "src" and "dest" for all of them instead of
> "srcfile" v.s.
> "srcdir":

I thought of that one myself, but for safety I want the user to
explicitly tell whether the required action is on a directory or
file. Mistakes are easily made, and this way a few of them can
be caught in an early stage... (Due to some sort of mistake, I
ended up with an erased source tree, because it deleted a whole
directory instead of a file).

I can live with "src" and "dest", but I prefer the more safer way.

> +1 on Copydir/Copyfile --> Copy, Deltree/Delete --> Delete,
> Rename --> Move
>
> The new Delete can be backwards compatible if the "file"
> attribute is set.

Agreed.

  Arnout