ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: Call for patches
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 16:39:58 GMT
Hi all.

I have a patch for the Cvs task. Basically, I have in my build.xml an Cvs
task where I specify the tag. What I needed was to be able not to put any
tag and this way get the latest version. This did not work because if 'tag'
exists, it is not 'null' but "".

Here is what I changed:
[in org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Cvs]

    public void setTag(String p) {
        // Check if not real tag => set it to null
        if (p != null) {
            if (p.trim().equals(""))
                p = null;
	}

	this.tag = p;
    }

Here is also a sample to exercise this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project name="test-cvs" default="main" basedir=".">

  <property name="cvs.cvsroot"
value=":pserver:anoncvs@jakarta.apache.org:/home/cvspublic"/>
  <property name="cvs.package" value="jakarta-ant"/>
  <property name="cvs.tag" value=""/>

  <target name="main">
    <cvs cvsRoot="${cvs.cvsroot}"
         package="${cvs.package}"