ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject VisualAge and Ant?
Date Wed, 10 May 2000 22:30:50 GMT
Has anyone looked into an integration of VisualAge and Ant using the Tool
API?  If so, has anyone made any progress with it?  I've started looking
into the Tool API, but I'm fairly new to VisualAge, so progress is rather
slow.  It would obviously behave rather differently than standard Ant, but I
would envision a tool that could import the latest source drop from CVS (or
even better...pull it right out of CVS), read the build.xml for special
instructions, and do some sort of versioning and/or editioning of the
project (I'm not too familiar with how this works in VAJ yet).  It could
finally release a JAR file of the compiled code.

I would be very interested in collaborating with someone on a project like
this if one is already in the works.  It is currently quite a hassle (to me
at least) to import all of the latest source code every time I want to do an
update from CVS.  Of course, I could just be doing something to make things
more difficult than they need to be, too.  :)

Thanks,
Sean Timm
<stimm@mailgo.com>