ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Everitt, Andrew" <Andrew.Ever...@gbr.xerox.com>
Subject RE: Modern Compile
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 14:30:05 GMT

>  EA> Is anyone working on the 'Modern Compile' stuff so that ANT will
>  EA> work with JDK 1.3?
>
> So that Ant actually uses modern? I don't know.
>
> So that Ant will work with 1.3, well it is supposed to do. duncan has
> commited a patch on 2000/05/10 that prints out a warning and then uses
> "classic".
>
> I don't have a JDK 1.3 at hand so I cannot check - do you mean it
> doesn't work?

The last 'stable' release of ANT doesn't work with JDK 1.3 - no object files
are produced. However in the latest code in CVS it degrades to a classic
compile which is better!

> Stefan

I have got it working now by forcing a classic compile by setting the
'build.compiler' property - I will try the patch (sent by Michael Smith) to
implement the modern compile and see how it goes !!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Andi.