ant-dev mailing list archives

From BSm...@ixl.com
Subject RE: Matching tasks look&feel?
Date Fri, 26 May 2000 11:54:11 GMT
I agree with the idea that the source is determined dynamically, but a point
was
raised earlier, that "recursion" can be determined from the includes tag.

+1 for dynamic, -1 recursion flag

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Ernst de Haan [mailto:ernst@c187104187.telekabel.chello.nl]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 6:04 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Matching tasks look&feel?

Stefan wrote:
> In case of the delete task I'd really prefer to have an distinction
> between dir and file because of the damage one could do by accident -
> only alternative I see is a recurse attribute with default false.

Hmm, this sounds like a good idea, IMHO. That is the way the UNIX/Linux
commands work:

	rm -R /home/ernst/tmp
	ls -R
	chmod -R a+r *

So I'd say don't distinguish between files and directories, and just add
an attribute `resursive' or `recurse' and set the default value to
`false'.

A +1.01 vote for me :)

Ernst