ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: Platform independend classpath in build.xml?
Date Wed, 31 May 2000 13:28:53 GMT
Let me check something... what about this case?

>   <java classname="com.visigenic.vbroker.tools.idl2java"
>         fork="yes"
>         jvmargs='-Xbootclasspath:"${orbpath}:${corepath}"'
>         args="-root_dir ${fpui.build_path} ${fpui.build_path}/com/i2/fp/idls/cbc.idl"
/>

Here, we are passing arguments to the jvm, and from looking at the
source
from the last release (I'm not using nightly builds, etc...)
it appears that translatePath is not invoked on jvmargs.
Of course, only reason we have to dork with the Xbootclasspath
and forking to begin with is because the sun orb and the visibroker orb
don't play well together....

So, while I may be able to avoid the "${S}"
'trick' in a javac classpath, I still have to
use it when invoking the jvm....