ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <mich...@sneakerlabs.com>
Subject Re: Modern Compile
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 14:10:06 GMT
"Everitt, Andrew" wrote:
> I am willing to bet I'm not the first one to ask this, but I'll do it any
> way. Is anyone working on the 'Modern Compile' stuff so that ANT will
> work with JDK 1.3? I manage the build procedure here, some of the
> developers are itching to use 1.3 but ANT doesn't work with 1.3 yet. If
> someone gave me some pointers I could try and do this bit of work but I
> don't want to duplicate work in progress.

Two months ago, someone posted a patch to implement a modern 1.3 compile,
but it was never committed.  Attached, you'll find the original message.  I
have no idea if or how the patch needs to be updated for the current version
of the Javac taskdef.  I also don't know why it was never committed in the
first place.

regards,
Michael

--