ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: a question about the jar task and the javac task...
Date Mon, 15 May 2000 13:22:34 GMT
Thanks so much!

Yes, a CopyFiles task would make sense,
it would separate two functionalities currently mashed
together.

As for the compressed/uncompressed, well, yes, I would
like such a patch, although if it's going to be
in the product pretty soon, I could wait. I'm going through
some tests and evaluation, and want to move our
organization away from a nightmare of Imakefiles
all the processing necessary to create makefiles
from Imakefiles and then all the overhead of building
with them... But, we still have several products that
are JDK 1.1.7 and JDK 1.1.8 based, so we need that
uncompressed jar capability if we are going to be
adopt 'Ant'.

Is there a particular list I should subscribe to for
announcements about releases and features, or does
that happen here?

Thanks again!

-ken