ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Specifying different compilers for Javac task?
Date Thu, 11 May 2000 21:44:28 GMT
I'm not sure I understand how to specify which java compiler to use. Is it
based on what JAVA_HOME is set to in the environment? The user's manual
mentions a build.compiler property -- is that where you'd specify it? If
it is, where would you do that, and what would the specification be -- a
directory path to where all the bin, lib, etc. directories for that jdk
live? And where does JAVA_HOME come into it?

(Sorry for being such a bozo about this stuff -- I'm signed up for a java
class in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll be a little less so after
that.)

Thanks,
Diane

=====