ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Akbar Ibrahim" <akbar.ibra...@wipro.com>
Subject Dependencies between Java Classes
Date Thu, 04 May 2000 13:07:56 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Ant. I am using it to build my Java application. Let's assume
there are 2 classes in my application (A and B). Class A is dependent on
Class B. So when I modify Class B and build the application Class B should
be compiled  and Class should also be compiled as it depends on Class B. But
ant compiles only Class B as it's source file is newer than it's class file
and since Class A hasn't changed it is not compiled at all.

I have 2 targets one for compiling Class B and one for compiling Class A.

Is this the right way to do it or should I have a single target which
compiles all the class files in the project.

I couldn't find any reference to class dependencies in the ant
documentation.

Am I missing something.

Cheers,
Akbar