ant-dev mailing list archives

From "John Pappin" <john.pap...@jmonkey.com>
Subject Re: Consolidated delete task (Re: make clean equivalent)
Date Thu, 25 May 2000 16:35:32 GMT
> Should we set defaultexcludes to false by default when deleting a
> directory tree - my opinion is yes.

+1

> Do we need a recurse attribute (don't think so, if you specify a dir,
> you obviously want to delete it)?

I think your correct... you can tell by what you have asked delete to do,
what should be done... if you only specify a diretory then recurse, if its a
directory and has filters then recurse but don't delete the actual dir
unless all rules are passed, etc.

> Do we need a purge attribute to delete empty dirs - I'm not decided on
> this?

I don't think we need that... the same thing could be done with a rule in
the standard delete task... i.e. delete if empty, etc.

- Brill Pappin