ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Haas" <>
Subject Re: Task functionality next version Ant
Date Mon, 08 May 2000 09:54:35 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan Bodewig <>
>  KA> Now we are talking about task functionality here, how about
>  KA> defining some for the next version Ant.
> I agree with all of what you've written and just want to add that move
> would probably need a "forceoverwrite" attribute, too.
> The optional RenameExtensions tasks lokks a little bit as if it
> belonged into the move category. I'm not sure.
> IIRC Thomas Haas has written a task that consolidates text
> manipulation taks (FixCRLF, KeySubst, Replace).

All proposals seems are fine with. I suggest to not mix filesystem
manipulation and file (content) translation. Like the existing Copy task
should not alter the file in any way.

For file content maniplation (file translation) a special task should be
defined, as I suggested earlier. A transaltion defintion would look somehow
like the following lines:
<translate include... exclude...>
    <EndOfLine type="UNIX"/>
    <KeySubst .../>

- tom

Still travelling downunder. Any aussie living south Brisbane on the list?

View raw message