ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rick Yazwinski" <ri...@solect.com>
Subject RE: Windows 98? (and now a newbie question..... :)
Date Wed, 17 May 2000 12:50:08 GMT
There were many problems with method prototypes... sorry, but I can't
reproduce it now as I found the binary distribution and blew away my old src
one :(

Now for an ant-newbie question:
Should the javac task build out a similar class file directory structure to
the source structure.  The situation that I'm encountering (to my surprise)
is that I have a source structure like:
	src/com/thinker/event/*.java
	build/classes

When I run the javac task as:
    <javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
           destdir="${build.classes}"
           classpath="${classpath}"
           debug="on"
           deprecation="on"
           optimize="on" >
    </javac>

where src.dir is "src" and build.classes="build/classes" I loose the
com/thinker/event directory structure and all the class files are dumped
into build/classes - which causes my subsequent jar task to fail as it's
looking for class files from com/thinker/event :(

    <jar jarfile="${lib.dir}/${name}.jar"
         basedir="${build.classes}"
         includes="com/**"

Any thoughts?