ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michel CASABIANCA <c...@sdv.fr>
Subject Re: I want to become an Ant developer
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 21:08:33 GMT
Hi

Arkaitz Bitorika <abitorika@tirin.openworld.co.uk> writes:
> Does any one know which is the best way/editor/emacs mode/vi mode to write
> xml files such as the ant buildfiles? Does PSGML for emacs work well if
> there is no dtd?

I use Emacs + PSGML to write my build.xml files. The bad news is that
Emacs doesn't help much if you don't have a DTD (you have to type in
each tag by hand).

The good news is that you can make a DTD for build files. I have done
one that you can download on my page :

http://www.sdv.fr/pages/casa/html/ant-dtd.en.html

I have parsed jakarta projects build files and this DTD works fine
(except for watchdog build.xml that uses a deprecated construct I
think).

--
| Michel CASABIANCA         | http://www.sdv.fr/pages/casa   |