ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Ant Principles
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:20:10 GMT
Thanks Arnout and Duncan,

Don't get me wrong. I can live with JDK 1.2 if Ant gains something by
making stronger requirements.

I wanted to be convinced that there _is_ a gain though.

 JDD> HP/UX has had decent JDK 1.2 support since forever ago.

Hmm, then my customer must have missed something. Might be it's
because they are sticking with HP/UX 10 ...

 >> Where would Ant benefit from JDK 1.2?

 JDD> File.listRoots() -- could be damn handy in resolving file names
 JDD> that start with a letter':' pattern.

Yep.

 JDD> File.setLastModified()

Must have missed that. So this is the portable touch task from the
TODO list, right?

 JDD> There's other things, mostly small, but useful to not have to
 JDD> recreate.

You've convinced me, but then my development platforms are Linux and
NT. Guess those who have to use one of the other platforms will be
more difficult to convince.

Stefan