ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs task
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 06:55:00 GMT

 SK> I must have missed the junit task emails as I haven't heard of
 SK> this, but am interested in some automated Java testing
 SK> capabilities.

JUnit is Open Source in some way and not in another way. You can find
it at <URL:http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm>, just follow the
Java Ver 3.2 link. This one comes with clear documentation and some
published articles.

JUnit has been developed by Kent Beck and Erich Gamma in the first
place and comes with source code but there is no open development as
with other OSS. You can find a lot of additional information at
WikiWikiWeb about it (start with
<URL:http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?JavaUnit>).

JUnit isn't rocket science. It is a well thought framework which makes
it really ease to build your own test cases. I use it every day -
before commit that is 8^).

HTH

        Stefan