ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: I want to become an Ant developer
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 13:00:53 GMT

 SM> Stefan Bodewig wrote

 >> While I think full validation is of low priority checking whether
 >> buld.xml is at least well formed and providing better error
 >> messages would be helpfull.

 SM> +1, this is already in the todo list

Maybe Xerces would provide more usable error messages and thus just
switching the parser would help? I know you are involved with
xml.apache.org projects so maybe you could comment on this?

 >> It took me a rather long time to see that the parser shipped with
 >> Ant chokes on comments inside elements
 >>
 >> nsgmls didn't complain at all

 SM> nsgmls is not exactly the bext xml editor available...

OK, http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210#sec-comments quite
clearly says nsgmls was wrong.

It (nsgmls) was the one I had on my disk as I'm using DocBook - the
SGML version - to document my code (design documents, user manuals all
the boring stuff you're forced to do).

 SM> unfortunately, it's one of the best you get for free

Other recommendations?

Stefan