ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Ant Principles
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:19:24 GMT
>>>>> "sr" == rubys  <rubys@us.ibm.com> writes:

 sr> Semicolons on the command line are real annoying to Unix users...

Then again commas are probably quite common inside property
values.

Multiple arguments?

ant projectfile.xml -prop foo=bar -prop baz=bop [target]

 sr> .duncan wrote:

 >> The tasktype directories contain the source code for the optional

Duncan, did you mean to imply that optional task have to be deployed
including the source code? IMHO that's too restrictive.

 >> tasks, along with a project file to build them.  When they are
 >> built, they should be placed into the /ext directory in a jar
 >> format...

 sr> Similar to above, I'd like tasks to be able to be placed wherever
 sr> it makes sense

Yes, I think a task that is only useful for a single project doesn't
really belong to a systemwide Ant but to the project itself.

How about something like user.dir/.ant/ext being scanned as well,
allowing users to install their own extensions?

Stefan