ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Felciano, Ramon" <felci...@ingenuity.com>
Subject RE: Properties ignored under Windows?
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 00:08:07 GMT

Great -- thanks. That did the trick. I saw Sam's message about the "original
design intent" -- are these documented somewhere? I'm particularly trying to
understand what Ant is NOT trying to do (assuming it isn't going to
feature-creep its way towards make :-) ). For example, if you are building a
project that involves the configuring of 3rd party tools (e.g. Apache),
would you actually do that configuration via Ant? Or is Ant for builds only,
leaving installs as a separate activity.

Thanks!

Ramon