ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Felciano, Ramon" <felci...@ingenuity.com>
Subject Properties ignored under Windows?
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:52:52 GMT

Hello --

I'm evaluating Ant for our build tool. I just tried moving some Ant build
scripts to Windows (from Solaris) and am having trouble getting it to
recognize properties: all the values come up as null. For example, the
following build file:

<project name="SimpleBuild" default="test" basedir=".">
	<property name="foo" value="bar"/>
	<target name="test">
		<mkdir dir="${foo}"/>
	</target>
</project>

produces this output:

D:\Downloads\jakarta-ant>bin\ant.bat -buildfile minimal.xml
Buildfile: minimal.xml
Project base dir set to: D:\Downloads\jakarta-ant
Executing Target: test
Created dir: D:\Downloads\jakarta-ant\null
Completed in 0 seconds

leaving a directory called "null". If I override the property from the
command line (i.e. -Dfoo=bar), it works fine. Any suggestions? Am I doing
something stupid here? This is with both the 3-27 and 3-31 builds.

Thanks.

Ramon M. Felciano

Ramon M. Felciano
INGENUITY Systems, Inc.