ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: I want to become an Ant developer
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 11:48:29 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>It took me a rather long time to see that the parser shipped with Ant
>chokes on comments inside elements like
>
><javac ...
>  <!-- deprecation="on" -->
>/>
>
>nsgmls didn't complain at all and I'm not sure who is right here, but
>the provided parser exception sure didn't help at all.

I agree - the current Ant plus the current parser doesn't tend to produce
very helpful error messages.

You can change to Xerces by modifying
org/apache/tools/ant/parser.properties.  Hopefully shortly (I imagine this
month), the xml parser will be removed from Ant and whichever parser you
happen to have in your classpath will be the one used.

- Sam Ruby