ant-dev mailing list archives

From William Uther <will+...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: ANT <deltree> tag
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 14:21:34 GMT
Hi,
  This 'fix' doesn't work on some systems.  I'm not sure which system
caused problems for Costin, but it fails on a Mac.

  File.getCanonicalPath() is system dependant.  In particular, on a Mac,
the filename returned ends in a '/'.  This is different to the behaviour of
File.getAbsolutePath().  Hence, these will never be equal on a mac.  You
can fix this by normalizing for the existance of a '/' at the end of the
paths.

  Also, the simple existance test shown below tests if there is a symlink
anywhere in the path, NOT if the path target is a symlink.  I believe there
was other code elsewhere that got the canonical path when you started to
remove all other symlinks but, based on Costin's report, this didn't work
all the time.

later,

\x/ill            :-}