ant-dev mailing list archives

From david.boe...@bellsouth.net
Subject Using different java compilers with ant
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 17:00:33 GMT
I just started using ant, so there may be an obvious way to do what I
want...

I'd like to be able to override the javac command in ant to use the compiler
that I
specify.  As long as the compiler uses the same syntax as Sun's javac, this
should be
very minor, just replace the name of the command line program.

The reason I want to use this is because I'm using AspectJ, which comes with
it's own
preprocessor/compiler.  (It preprocesses, then calls Sun's javac on the
results).
Do I need to write a new class for this, or is there any easier way?  If I
do need to
write a new class, is there any existing class I should mimic?