ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant BuildException.java Main.java ProjectHelper.java Target.java Task.java ApacheParser.java Parser.java SunParser.java parser.properties
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2000 20:38:44 GMT
rubys@locus.apache.org wrote:

> rubys       00/04/26 12:09:18
>
>   Modified:    .        bootstrap.bat bootstrap.sh build.bat build.sh
>                         build.xml
>                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant BuildException.java Main.java
>                         ProjectHelper.java Target.java Task.java
>   Removed:     lib      xml.jar
>                src/main/org/apache/tools/ant ApacheParser.java Parser.java
>                         SunParser.java parser.properties
>   Log:
>   Support JAXP and SAX1.0
>   Submitted by: Matt Foemmel

While we are messing around with the build process for Ant, how about taking this opportunity
to conform to the place other
Jakarta projects create their "build" and "dist" outputs?  For Taglibs/Tomcat/Watchdog, they
go to ../build/xxxx and ../dist/xxxx
rather than embedded in the project directory like Ant currently does.

Craig McClanahan