ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Path & dir separators (was Re: Ant Principles)
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2000 02:51:31 GMT

>   <project pathseparator=";" dirseparator="\">
>     <!-- [snip] -->
>     <property name="classpath" value="..\classes;..\libs\foo.jar"/>
>     <!-- [snip] -->
>   </project>

An interesting idea. I'd probably make them project properties instead
of attribs on the project object though. If we can't find a way to do
this automagically, then this would probably be a potential solution.

>   <!-- [snip] -->
>   <somepath>
>    <element location="../classes" />
>    <path definition="/usr/local/classes:/usr/local/classes/foo.jar" />
>    <path definition="D:\libs;D:\libs\foo.jar"
>          dirseparator="\" pathseparator=";" />
>   </somepath>
> </project>

Now that's getting complicated. If a user has to put in the sep
characters in a case like this, then they should know how to write
cannonical filenames and we shouldn't be worrying so much. :)

.duncan