ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Ant Principles
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:22:28 GMT

> > ant projectfile.xml -prop foo=bar -prop baz=bop [target]
>
> At that point, I would consider making equal signs in targets illegal, and
> eliminating the "-prop" altogether.

Hmmm. The rules about args get nasty if you do that... Even number of
args after the build.xml file means all props, odd means props till the
last one where the last one is a target to execute. There's got to be a
better solution. I don't want to do -Dprop=value because that's too
close to the way sys props are defined.

OTOH, maybe it's not so bad that we couldn't have:

java -Dsysprop=value org.apache.ant.Main -Dantprop=value build.xml
[target]

random thoughts...

.duncan