ant-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Code obfuscation taskdef
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:57:46 GMT
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed... I just joined the Ant
mailing list (wishing there was a web based archive of messages), but I
wanted to see if there was any interest in developing a code obfuscation
taskdef for Ant (and if anyone was already working on this).  I was
thinking of using something like JAX (100% pure java, from alphaworks)
which removes unnecessary methods, and renames methods to very short
names, all which should compress the code, making it quicker to download
and execute, and harder to decompile.

Also, are there other code obfuscators (preferably open source) that
people here would recommend?  I think this tool would be very useful for
people using Ant to generate applets.  Thanks.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/