ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <jofer...@us.oracle.com>
Subject Re: Where is sun.tools.javac documented?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 18:24:06 GMT

All this talk about javac and what should be visible and what should
not, just points out the need for the Java Specs to define a standardize
way to access a Java Compiler. With JSPs and other technologies
that require compilation of generated code it should be obvious that
we cannot continue using javap to try to solve this problem.

Perhaps we need something similar to JAXP (the standarizd API for
XML parsers) that all Java compiler providers should support to make
tools portable to different environments.

Anyone willing to make an JSR out of this?

Jose Alberto