ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: System Properties versus properties from build.xml
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:46:00 GMT

James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> > I was led to believe by the documentation, and by looking at the source
> > code, that properties set on the command line that invokes Ant (such as
> > java -Dmy.property=my.value org.apache.tools.ant.Main) would override
> > any value set for my.property in the build.xml file.
>
> Yep. That was intended behavior. If it doesn't work that way then it's way
> busted.

This one was breaking the nightly builds - I fixed it (again) few days
ago, it should work now.
( i.e. -Dproperty=value should override the properties in project - note
that you can use both
java system properties or define ant properties, i.e.
java org.apache.tools.ant.Main -Dproperty=value
)

Costin