ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Using different java compilers with ant
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2000 14:34:58 GMT
This question comes up a lot. I think the compilation system needs a rewrite
to make it a bit cleaner (can't remember if anyone has already suggested
this) - and we _need_ a FAQ! Any volunteers? (I am working on getting a
mailing list archive at the moment.)

For now, the class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac
calls sun.tools.javac.Main in the same VM, so it is a good template for
compilers with Java interfaces.

And the class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Jikes
appears to call IBM's open source compiler Jikes (a native app), so it is a
good template for compilers without Java interfaces.

Source code is in the src/main directory. If it isn't, you need to download
the with-source distro.