ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <gree...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Where is sun.tools.javac documented?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2000 10:28:52 GMT
> > Where can I find documentation on the various JDK versions of
> > sun.tools.javac.Main.compile?
>
>In the source code.

The modern compiler in JDK1.3 is at com.sun.tools.javac.Main. The old
compiler is maintained for backward compatibility at sun.tools.javac.Main.
However, because the former is based on someone else's code (IIRC), the
source for this "modern" javac is not shipped even in the SCSL source
release.

Even so, you can still use javap to get the method signatures, which is what
I did. I did post a working patch for modern compiling a while back - it
should be in the mail list archives (there are no web archives yet, but you
can get still get it with an ezlm command).