ant-dev mailing list archives

From <..@almery.com>
Subject Re: ANT <deltree> tag
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2000 07:11:29 GMT
jon * writes:
 > on 4/2/00 10:27 PM, ja@almery.com <ja@almery.com> wrote:
 >
 > > I can't convince cvs to allow me to log in (anonymously) to get the
 > > latest source, but at one time this also happened to me.  I submitted
 > > a patch, which tested to see if the "directory" was a symlink, and
 > > ignored it if it was.  The patch was committed by someone, and all
 > > seemed well.
 >
 > submit the patch again...i will get it checked in.
 >
 > really this conversation should be going on the ant-dev mailing list.

I looked at the source via cvsweb (I wonder why my logins time out
with "regular" anonymous cvs?) and noticed that costin commented out
the "fix"

        //        if (dir.getCanonicalPath().equals(dir.getAbsolutePath())) {
        // (costin) It will not work if /home/costin is symlink to /da0/home/costin ( taz
        // for example )

So, it looks as though the dangerous behaviour of Deltree has
returned.

--
Jay Doane | doane@acm.org