ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vitaly Stulsky" <vitaly_stul...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to participate?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:20:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <rubys@us.ibm.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2000 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: How to participate?

> > Unfortunately I haven't received any feedback on my letter.
>
> After Tomcat 3.1 is released (currently targetted for Monday), I expect
> activity here to pick up again.

It will be great. :)

> > Jikes didn't help too (unfortunetely this extra-speed compiler
> > crashes from time to time too, also it has problem with variable
> > defenition in style of:
> > com.mycom.maypackage.myclass myVar = new
> > com.mycom.maypackage.myclass(mayParam);).
>
> Have you reported this to the developers of Jikes?

I've contacted JIKES developer and project leader. Before writing info to
the bug database I want to consult with him to determine the nature of this
problems.

> > I think it is possible to extend ANT to perform the dependence tracking
> > like JIKES do.  Do you have any proposals for this and how do you see
> > the future of ANT accroding this direction?
>
> Sounds like a hard problem, one that if solved would make a lot of people
> happy.  I presume that all the code would be additions to the current
javac
> taskdef and wouldn't otherwise affect the rest of Ant.

I'll try to analyze this problem and share results with community. I
estimate that
addition will be made to the current javac taskdef (possible with addition
some flags).

About project: Is there any restrictions of usage third-party  products? I
ask this
question cause it is possible to use third party libraries to analyze .class
files.

Thanks.
Vitaly Stulsky