ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Haas" <thomas.h...@softwired-inc.com>
Subject Re: cvs task
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:50:09 GMT

> But, I thing the cvs task could easily be improoved to handle
> - commit
> - update
> - the flags -n and -q
> - gives a default blank string for package.

Cool.
With the current implementation I missed the option to use a property to
specifiy the tag. However it was not possible to disable the tag, by setting
it to the empty string. Therefor I submitted a patch, which not only tests
_tag_ for null but also on the length of its contents. I would appreciate,
if you add this to your version of Cvs.

> However, I desperately looking forward for the junit task, to force people
'not
> to commit without test and compile'...

The JUnit task was done by Stefan Bodewig and myself. It is currently in
production at our site (several projects with a large number of test cases).
Developing the JUnit task I had the need to refactor other parts of ant.
Therefor the JUnit task is rather a large patch. If there is an interest I
will put together another patch.

(Stefan, what do you think?)

I first hoped the stuff gets included by end of this week. The current
attempts to reorganise and restructre ant somehow delayed the inclusion.
Maybe the ant project needs a split:
- Adding stuff using the current architecture to the main branch
- Reorganising ant in a new branch

- tom
PS
I welcome the current attempts to rethink and redo certain thinks (see Ant
Principles thread).